Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What's In a Name?

Hey there good people,

I just recently typed my name into the Google search thing on the "toolbar?", and for once found myself... 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th... and then somewhere in the 20s a few times. Fascinating. Truly.

How do you rate? (put your name in quotes) ~ I'd like to know!

I never thought there'd be so many "Lloyd Smileys" in the World... or that someone would randomly acquire the suffix "Smiley" in addition to their name (Lloyd), as a kind of a nickname.

In case you were wondering who the #1 Lloyd Smiley is...

It's a guy in the University of Indianapolis' Athletics Hall of Fame. Wow... it's not me.

2nd and 3rd, I'm happy to see, are my ReverbNation profiles (for my music)

6th and 7th are strangely related to my website (called www.LloydSmiley.com) and, in my opinion, should be slightly higher on the Googler....

In 10th position is a mysterious page out of my High School yearbook... something about "Oscars..." ~ I won "(half of the) cutest couple," "most outgoing," and "most hilarious."

Wow! 3 Oscars, without ever gracing the big screen! Genius!

Ahhh... the memories. Good on ya Google, that guy named Lloyd Smiley from Florida, that computer programmer guy named Lloyd Smiley, that random athlete... and all the other Lloyd Smiley's of the known World doing good stuff. (Not so much that drug-ring Lloyd with the COMPLETELY random 'middle nickname' of Smiley who got busted in Albuquerque... not cool, dude. Not cool.)

And Cheers to you all for actually reading this blog!

~LloydSmiley.com

No comments: